Thursday, March 17, 2011

Happy St. Patrick's Day:) Bonus - Bailey's Irish Cream Cake Recipe...


I am not even an iota Irish but I do love celebrating St. Patrick's Day!  Everyone is Irish on St. Patty's Day is what "they" say!

Every St. Patrick's day St. Patty comes to our house and trashes the kids rooms!  And then he leaves his tiny footprints behind, gold chocolate coins, his hat and a pot of gold.  This year my son told me that he was supposed to get a video game from St. Patty!  Yeah right!  It's not Christmas:)

 
My husband's family is Irish.  They love to celebrate the day and I love to celebrate with them.  We always have corned beef and cabbage, Irish soda bread, and I make Bailey's Irish Cream Cake!

I thought I would share my favorite part of St. Patrick's Day:

BAILEY'S IRISH CREAM CAKE

1 c. nuts
1 pkg. yellow cake mix
1 (3 oz.) pkg. Jello instant vanilla pudding
4 eggs
1/2 c. cold water
1/2 c. oil
1/2 c. Bailey's Irish Cream
Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Grease and flour a tube or bundt pan. Sprinkle nuts on the bottom of pan. Combine the rest of the ingredients. Pour over nuts. Bake 1 hour. Cool cake completely. Prick cake and pour glaze over top and sides.
GLAZE:

1 stick butter
1/4 c. water
1 c. sugar
1/2 c. Bailey's Irish Cream
Melt butter. Stir in water and sugar. Boil for 5 minutes, stirring constantly. REMOVE from heat. Stir in Bailey's Irish Cream.
Note: If using cake mix which includes pudding, omit pudding from recipe, decrease eggs to 3, and decrease oil to 1/3 cup.
Note: The cake can be decorated with a sugar frosting or whipped cream.

 
May your blessings outnumber the shamrocks that grow,
And may trouble avoid you wherever you go.
~ Irish Blessing

0 comments:

Post a Comment