According to the 2010 Report of the Dietary Guidelines Advisory Committee, only five percent of Americans get the three full recommended daily servings – a shocking statistic.
With many Americans making New Year’s Resolutions to live healthier, it’s never been easier to get the whole grain you want without sacrificing taste. Every Big G cereal contains at least 8 grams of whole grain per serving, with more than 20 General Mills cereals delivering 16 grams or more. (At least 48 grams of whole grain are recommended daily.) Big G cereals are America’s number one source of whole grain at breakfast, providing America with more whole grain at breakfast than any other breakfast food from any other manufacturer.
Only whole grain gives you the vital nutrients from the complete grain. The health benefits of whole grains can’t be pinpointed to one particular component of the grain. It’s the “whole grain package” that makes the difference. In addition to fiber, whole grain contains antioxidants, vitamins, minerals and other vital nutrients that help ensure a healthy diet. A diet high in whole grain has been found to help with diabetes and weight management, and it may help reduce the risk of heart disease and certain cancers.
Get into the whole grain habit by just looking for the big white check on Big G cereals! Cereal is already one of the healthiest breakfast choices you can make, and the entire Big G cereal line is made with whole grain, making it a great choice. Big G cereals have the brands and flavor your family will love, including Cheerios®, Lucky Charms®, Cinnamon Toast Crunch®, Honey Nut Cheerios®, Fiber One® and Total®.
To be sure the other foods you are choosing have the healthy whole grain you need, just follow these two easy rules:
- Look for a whole grain symbol like the big white check on Big G cereals or the Whole Grain Stamp developed by the Whole Grains Council
- Scan the ingredient list and choose foods that list a whole grain near the top of the list
Win this awesome prize pack with tips to help fulfill healthy living goals, including a VIP coupon for one Big G cereal, a cereal on-the-go bowl, lunch bag, walking enthusiast kit and a digital jump rope.
How to win it:
Contest will run from April 5th 2011 until 11:59 p.m. EST April 12th, 2011.
*Open USA Only
1. Follow me on Twitter @longislandmomx2 - leave a comment on this blog post.
2. Tweet about this contest (limit 2x daily - 1 entry per tweet) - leave a comment for each tweet.
IE: Win a Big G Whole Grain Cheerios Prize pack from @longislandmomx2 - http://bit.ly/h0yIZ2
3. Follow this blog via Google Friend Connect - leave a comment on this blog post.
4. "Like" Long Island Mom x 2 on Facebook - leave a comment on this blog post.
5. What is your favorite General Mills Cereal? - leave a comment on this blog post
*This prize pack was given to myself and one reader from General Mills via myblogspark.com*
*Winner will be chosen via random.org and have 48 hours to contact me*