Sunday, August 8, 2010

Recipe: Pasta with a broccoli & Parmesan cheese puree


Our family are HUGE pasta lovers! My children included love pasta but broccoli, not so much. I really want them to eat it because I know how good for them it is. So I googled the words "pasta, broccoli, heavy cream" knowing those are the main ingredients I had on hand.

A recipe came up from southernfood.com and I tweaked it a little bit to fit what I had in the kitchen.

It was super fast and soo yummy!! My 18 month old loved it and so did I. I can't wait for hubby to get home so he can try it too! This is definitely a great recipe for weeknights. From start to finish it took about 15-20 mins.


Pasta with a creamy broccoli and Parmesan cheese sauce.

Ingredients:
•8 ounces rigatoni pasta
•1 bag of frozen broccoli (I used steamfresh)
•1 tablespoon of dried basil
•3 tablespoons butter
•3/4 cup heavy cream
•1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
•salt and pepper to taste

Preparation:
Cook pasta until tender; drain. In blender, combine broccoli, basil, butter and heavy cream. Purée until well mixed and creamy. Add Parmesan cheese into blender, blend. Mix broccoli mixture into drained pasta; stir. Cook, stirring, over low heat until it is just heated through. Add salt and pepper to taste.

**This meal could easily turn into a great side dish just by using different pasta**

0 comments:

Post a Comment