I just had to share this recipe recommended by Registered Dietitian and former editor at Cooking Light and Weight Watchers Magazines, Regan Jones--she is also a spokesperson for Cabot Creamery Cooperative. Sounds delicious, quick and easy!!
Crispy Baked Chicken Strips
Makes 6 servings
Nonstick cooking spray
1 cup King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
Pinch ground black pepper
4 large egg whites
1/2 cup reduced-fat (2%) milk
1 1/2 cups crushed cornflakes
4 ounces Cabot 50 % Reduced Fat Cheddar, grated (about 1 cup)
6 boneless chicken breast halves, cut into 1/2-inch-wide strips
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Coat 9-by-13-inch baking dish with cooking spray.
2. In three separate bowls:
- mix together flour, salt and pepper
- beat together egg whites and milk
- mix together cornflakes and cheese
3. Dip chicken strips first into flour, then into egg white mixture, then into cornflake mixture, turning to coat. Place in baking dish. (Discard any unused mixture.)
4. Bake for 25 minutes or until nicely browned, turning over after about 12 minutes. Serve with ketchup or barbecue sauce if desired.