New York City & Long Island
- Barnyard Easter Egg Hunt - Saturday before Easter from 12:00 pm to 4:00 pm.
Queens County Farm Museum, 73-50 Little Neck Parkway, Floral Park, New York 11004-1129. Phone: (718) 347-3276. The Farm Museum will hold its annual Egg Hunt in the orchard. Egg hunts will be ongoing throughout the day, "Whiskers" the bunny will be hopping around the farm to greet children and pose for pictures, bring your camera. Dance the "Bunny Hop", play egg toss and egg rolling games on the farmhouse lawn. Visit our farm animals and take a hayride. Admission price: $5.00 per person. The Farm Museum is open year-round, Monday—Friday 9:00 a.m.—5:00 pm(outdoor visiting only) and Saturday and Sunday 10:00 a.m.—5:00 pmwhen tours of the historic farmhouse and hayrides (weather permitting) are available (ADDED: February 18, 2010)
- Bartow-Pell Woods Ukrainian Easter Egg Making Workshop - Saturday, April 2, 11 a.m. - 3:30 p.m.
895 Shore Road, Bronx, NY 10464. Phone: (718) 548-0912. Pysanky Workshop Learn the time-honored art of creating these intricately patterned Ukrainian Easter eggs and create your own using a wax-resist techinique at this hands-on workshop. Hot wax and permanent dyes used, please dress accordingly. Recommended for mature 14-year-olds and up. Bring a bag lunch, only light refreshments offered. Space is limited. Registration required. Cost $15; members $10
- Bartow-Pell Woods Easter Egg Hunt - Usually on a Saturday before Easter, See their website for the 2012 date at 10:30am to 1 pm
895 Shore Road, Bronx, NY 10464. Phone: (718) 548-0912. This is one day when it's okay to put all your eggs in one basket! Children 2 - 12 hunt for eggs in the formal garden, tap their talent at arts and crafts tables, and have their photo taken with the Easter Bunny. Please bring your own basket. Light refreshments offered. Registration requested. Cost children 2 - 12 $12; members $10. Rain date Sunday, April 17, 1 - 3:30 p.m.
- Brightwaters Farms and Nursery - Saturday April 4, Sunday April 5, Saturday April 11, 10am-4pm
BBrightwaters Farms and Nursery, 1624 Manatuck Blvd, Bay Shore, Long Island, NY. Phone: 631-665-5411. Email: email@example.com. Reservations Required. $5 per child. At 9:00am, 10:00am, & 11:00am. Easter Egg Hut inside our Heated Greenhouse. On April 5th, 6th & 12th, 2010 every hour on the hour from 10:00am to 4:00pm. Rain or Shine! $5.00 per Child. Check the website for information about "breakfast with the Easter Bunny" aa country breakfast with all the fixin's and a free picture with the bunny himself. Also breakfast: The cost is $15.99 each for adults, $9.99 each for children 2-12 & Children 1 & under are free. Breakfast is a full buffet and includes eggs, pancakes, sausage, bacon, hash browns, cereal rolls, coffee, tea, juice, and a complimentary picture with the Easter Bunny. Call to make your reservation!
- Brooklyn Heights Spring Egg Hunt - Saturday, April 3rd, 2010, starts at 10:00 AM.
Pierrepont Playground, Brooklyn Heights, NY. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org. At Columbia Heights and Pierrepont Streets (on the Brooklyn Heights Promenade). Every spring, hundreds of little bunnies and their families turn out to participate in our annual Egg Hunt at Pierrepont Playground. Candy, treats, balloons and good friends have made this a holiday tradition for many families! A bake sale will be held to benefit the Brooklyn Heights Playground Committee. free.
- Central Park: The Great Central Park Easter Egg Hunt - Date: Saturday before Easter, 11:00am to 1:00pm
Central Park at the Great Hill (106th street on the west side)
free. Egg hunts will be divided into under 4s and big kids and spaced throughout the day. Plus carnival games, face painting, and egg decorating. Children can take their picture with the Easter Bunny and win prizes.
- Easter Egg Hunt! at the Queens Zoo - April 11 in 2012 from 10am-4:30pm
53-51 111th Street, Flushing, New York 11368. Phone: (718) 271-1500. Visit the Zoo for an egg-stravagant Easter event! Take part in an egg hunt, meet the Easter Bunny, and enjoy a variety of spring-themed activities.
- Easter Fest in Forest Hills - (Check their website for this year's date), from 12:30 pm to 4 p.m.
Ascension Church, P.S. 101, 2 Russell Place, Forest Hills, NY. free. The Acension Presbyterian Chruch's 3rd Annual Easterfest features musical guests, including saxophonist Bill Humphrey and vocalist Jessica Rechner, children's crafts and storytime, complete with refreshments, and an indoor egg hunt, open to all ages (even adults, too). Admission $5, free for children who attend the church service before 11 am.
- Eggstreme Weekend at the Bronx Zoo - Date: Saturday & Sunday, Check their website for this years date!
Phone: 718-367-1010. Many activities: crafts, egg races, a costume bunny mascot, Bella; and an egg hunt are all part of the festivities, which are included with the cost of zoo admission.
- Morningside Park's Easter Egg Hunt - Saturday, See their website for the 2012 date, 1:30-3pm
121st Street and Morningside Ave, Morningside Park, NY. Thousands of eggs, candy and prizes.
- New York City Easter Parade - Easter Sunday
Fifth Avenue, NY, NY. A parade with costumed people (no floats or marching bands) appreciated by all! Phone: (212) 484-1222.
- New York Easter Egg Hunt Eggstravaganza in Central Park - Date: Saturday before Easter, 11:00am to 3:00pm
Central Park, Manhattan, NY, NY. Start at the 72nd street entrance to the park. Admission: free. It extends from the Bethesda fountain and continues south. There is an Easter egg hunt, an egg rolling race, face painting, Build-Your-Own-Basket, live bunnies at the petting zoo, egg dying, a puppet show and performances at the bandstand near Broadway.
- EasterFest 2010 - Easter Sunday (Check their website for this year's date) starting at 12:30 (come to the 11 am service for free admission)
PS 101, 2 Russell Place, Forest Hills, NY 11375. Phone: 718575-0024. Email: email@example.com. Open: EasterFest 2010, sponsored by Ascension Presbyterian Church 10:30 am Message & Music: "Why the Resurrection Matters to You" by Pastor Michael Kytka and featuring singer/songwriter John Russo (Children's Easter Bible Story Time during Easter Service) 12:30 pm Easter Festival: Admission: $ 5.00 (Complimentary admission for children attending Easter service before 11am.) Refreshments, craft-making, magic show, puppetry, and of course, the big indoor Easter egg hunt! . (Suggested by a visitor, ADDED: March 14, 2010)
A visitor writes on March 14, 2010: "It is indoor. They do not take credit cards. Entrance to the festival is free for kids coming to the morning programs. 5 dollars at the door at 12:30 pm This is of course a church run program, not a farm. However, the Easter egg hunt is designed to look like a farm. It is open to all ages."
- St. John the Divine Easter Egg Family Extravaganza - Saturday, See their website for the 2012 date, 10 a.m. – 12 Noon & 2 pm– 4 p.m.
Cathedral of St John the Divine, 1047 Amsterdam Avenue, Manhattan, 10025. Phone: 212 316-7490. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org. Our popular annual egg workshop is back! Children can create colorful patterns on their eggs with tissue paper, glitter, glue, and paint, and build a nest for decorated eggs with twigs, feathers, and clay. Please bring two hard-boiled eggs per child. Recommended for ages 4 and up. $8 per child, with accompanying adult."
- The New Generation German-American Club Easter Egg Hunt - Saturday, See their website for the 2012 date, from 1PM - 3PM
Plattduetsche Park Restaurant Picnic Grounds, 1132 Hempstead Turnpike, Franklin Square, NY 11010. Phone: 516-244-6536. Email:email@example.com. Open: Saturday, April 2, 2011 from 1PM - 3PM. The Easter Egg Hunt will feature an egg hunt, Easter Bunny, raffle and games. Admission $1 per child (ages 10 and under) includes entry to win door prizes, candy and prizes. Please call for more information regarding this event. We sincerely appreciate your support. (Suggested by a visitor, ADDED: March 17, 2011)
- EasterFest 2011 - Last year was on Easter Sunday; See their website for the 2012 date
PS 101, 2 Russell Place, Forest Hills, NY 11375. Phone: 718-685-8214. Alternate: 718-575-0024. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org. Open: Sunday April 24, 2011 from 10:30-2:30. EasterFest 2011 begins at 10:30 a.m. with an Easter message from Pastor Michael Kytka and music from The Ascension Band. There will be a Children's Easter Story Bible Time during the service. Activities beginning at 12:30 include an Easter Egg Hunt, craft-making stations and refreshments. Admission wristband is $5 for activities, but complimentary for children attending the Easter Service before 11:00. Directions: E,F,G,R or M train to 71st Ave/Continental Ave. . (Suggested by a visitor, ADDED: April 17, 2011)
- Benner's Farm - Uses natural growing practices, Easter egg hunts for infant, Easter egg hunts for toddlers, Easter egg hunts for children, There is an admission fee, Other activities for children, Bring a basket to collect the eggs!, >Baskets are provided, Farm animals are present, gift shop, restrooms, picnic area, petting zoo, farm animals, birthday parties, weddings and wedding parties, school tours, events at your location (call for info)
56 Gnarled Hollow Road, East Setauket, NY 11733. Phone: 631 689 8172. Alternate Phone: 631 689-5343. Fax: 631 689-5343. Email:email@example.com. Open: Easter Egg Hunt on Easter at noon, flowers for sale. Open: Click here for current open hours, days and dates. Directions: Corner of Old Town Road and Gnarled Hollow Road in East Setauket, NY. Click here for a map and directions. We use natural practices, but are not seeking organic certification. Payment: Cash, only. Click here for our Facebook page. $2, Free with admission to farm, wonderful for small kids. (UPDATED: September 19, 2011)
This list is from http://easteregghuntsandevents.org/NY_Easter.php. If are not in our area, they list all other states too.
If you know of an Easter Egg Hunt or Event on Long Island or NYC, please add it to the comments and I will add it to this list. Thanks:)