Friday, September 23, 2011

Friday Rainy Day Activity - Rice Sensory Box


What to do on a rainy day?  Well, I made my first sensory box.  I took a small shallow bin and filled it with 5 small bags of rice from Walmart.  Then I threw in some cups and measuring cups and there you go, hours of fun.  Seriously, I am not even kidding.  My kids have been playing with this for hours.  My 5 year old likes to bury his Lego men in it and pretend it is the snow scene from Star Wars and my 2 year old daughter likes to use it build mountains or sand castles as she calls them:)


Quick, cheap and easy.  Next I want to make a bean box but I am too lazy to go out today to get the beans! lol

1 comments:

top pills said...

Simple stuff could be interesting for kids without spend to much money in toys that they are gonna stop using while they grown up, thanks

Post a Comment