Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Words Wednesday because Words are needed for this picture...


OPERATION NO MORE BINKIE (during awake hours) ;)

This is my almost 2 1/2 year old daughter.  She still uses the binkie all the time!  It is my fault!  When it is out of sight, she never thinks about it but I always give it to her anyway thinking she NEEDS it.  I use it to soothe her or to pacifier her or really for anything.  Shame on me!!  Well, this is the countdown to binkie only at night.  In 2 weeks, when she turns exactly 2 1/2, I will give it to her only at naps and bedtime.

I think she will do fine but it is a bad habit for me as well, that I need to break.  She doesn't NEED it!  I NEED it!  I will still carry it in my bag "just in case".

I am starting in 2 weeks because I just don't have the patience right now with the heat, packing up the house, looking for a house, selling our house, blah, blah, blah... And I am keeping it at naps and bedtime because so much is going on right now, I want her to at least sleep well.

Any advice or words of wisdom, I am all ears:)

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Michael had his until he was 2 1/2 years old too. A few days before Kristen was bor he lost it in a store and he never looked back. He was actually fine without it. Good luck. - Lisa G

Post a Comment